- There are more KTV places than public restrooms and gas stations. I swear there is 7 KTV places within a 3 mile radius from my home.
- I could taste the pollution. It’s so bad here that I have developed a cough from time to time.
- My favorite mode of transportation is the bus cause it’s 1 元. Which is like 16-20 cents. <3
- They try really hard to be more ordered on the road due to organization. For example on crosswalks there is a space for bikes and a space for pedestrians. Do the bikers always follow this…NO…but they try and well I can appreciate the city’s gesture for creating this.
- It’s a small big city. It’s big enough that there is enough different places to eat, shop, relax and have fun. However it’s small because it’s so convenient. It reminds me of Austin,Tx.
- MY OLD APARTMENT WAS SO AWESOME...minus the bathroom, but whatever. I think maybe it’s the best out of all the other foreign teachers. It’s very spacious. Actually better than my apartment in Austin.
- MY NEW APARTMENT IS EVEN BETTER! Just one photo though. Moved there right before having to return to the US for a new visa.
- There is bread…EVERYWHERE. I love Jinan’s 肉夹馍（Roujiamo-Chinese “hamburger”)
- Also there are too many towers with this “mini oriental pearl on top of them.…I will let your imagination flow.
- 98 Kuai pan and pot set. Woks are cheap here 😀
Well that’s it for first impressions. I’ll talk about school stuff on another post. Thanks for reading.